Productors, distributors and stockist of industrial valves are multiplying. Hopful sign for the worldwide industry
Industrial valves are devices used to regulate liquids, gases, and slurries flow. And we need different valves depending on the function they have to perform: mainly we therefore have gate valves, check valves, ball or globe valves, butterfly valves, when they have to open or close, regulate, divert or prevent flow.
In an oil and gas piping system, valves are the main obstacles through the pipes. They regulate a flow by opening, closing or partially obstructing a passageway or the pipes.
5 things to consider while choosing industrial valves
Although the world of the industrial valves is growing and we are offered an increasing number of valves, there is a handful of features we have always to consider. The function asked to a valve defines the type of valve we need in a specific part of a system, and in an oil or gas system too.
- Starting and stopping flow – To start or stop a fluid or gas flow we use gate valves, or ball valves or butterfly valves. Theese are definitely the most common industrial valves in use.
- Regulating flow – Where or when we need to regulate, or throttle, flow we commonly use globe valves. Their leading parts are a movable disk-type element and a stationary ring seat in the body: so globe valves can work on a linear motion and also for throttling applications in a pipeline.
- Preventing backflow – To prevent back flow we have to use check valves.
- Regulating pressure – To reduce incoming pressure we use pressure Regulators and Control Valves.
- Relieving pressure – We use relief valves to relieve liquid pressure, and safety valves for gases, steam and air.
1 more feature: material of the industrial valves
No less important is to consider to choose and buy valves of different material depending on the liquid, the temperature or the pressure that a valve and a pipeline will be passed through.
So, think about cast iron, carbon and stainless steel, alloys or pvc. And therefore: forged valves, cast valves, pressure seal valves.
Industrial valves market forecast to 2024
The industrial valves market was valued at US$64.241 billion in 2018 and it is expected to grow to a US$83.218 billion by 2024 with a CAGR (compound annual growth rate) of 4.41%. The trend equally concerns many Countries and Regions and types of valves.
Basically the international data show that all types of valves will increase production and that butterfly valves and plug valves will probably perfom better.
Between different industries, the oil and gas industry will ask for more and more devices and also valves. Customers are asking for new important research on materials.
Geografically speaking the industrial valves market will worldwide grow. It is now productively operating in Europe, North America, Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific, and South America. It will expecially increase in Asia Pacific Region to support the domestic demand of the emerging economies.
Keep in touch
Please, feel free to check our distributor page in order to che more details of DEI.
DEI is an official Bonney Forge distributor and we have two social network pages: Facebook Official Fan Page and Linkedin profile too.